Parties ain’t what they used to be. Not everyone wants standard holiday decor and fare. Our clients love to think outside of the box, and we love to play along and be creative right along with them. This client wanted to create a Speakeasy for their holiday party. It included a murder mystery element. Think Chicago and gangsters! Guests entered the party in what appeared to be a bank lobby. They visited the teller who gave them a password to enter through a shady speakeasy door. Roaring 20’s attire was highly recommended and guests took photos in front of a bank vault door that apparently looted by some mobsters. The specialty cocktail of the evening was the Moscow Mule. Because only a classic cocktail could meet this theme. It was all there for the taking!
Once inside the room was magnificent to behold. As in the heyday of supper clubs it was lush and elegant. We provided food stations that kept everyone well fed and um…hydrated!
As in the days of the Roaring 20’s the supper club had only the finest of foods that displayed the era’s decadence. While mingling and enjoying a mule or two guests enjoyed tray passed appetizers that included
- Thin sliced filet mignon, smoked provolone and arugula on toasted baguette with creamed horseradish and drizzled with white truffle oil.
- Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup Shooters with Sage and Fontina Mini Grilled Cheese
- Coconut and Beer Battered Shrimp with Tangerine Mustard Dinner
Decadent food stations with only the finest of cuisine awaiting everyone. There was a seafood station on ice and an interactive food station as well. The mastermind behind this customized menu was Event Producer, Pam Aki. As you can tell she had fun with designing this event. She really pulled out all the stops for this special client. The stations included:
- Luscious Fresh Seafood Display with a Snowflake Ice Sculpture provided by Ice Bulb. Guests enjoyed lots of Jumbo Prawns, Blue Point Oysters, Little Neck Clams, Crab Claws and more. They were all served chilled on a bed of seaweed. It’s this kind of detail that sets us apart!
- Salad Bar with various selections. The Wedge was a big hit, as it’s a classic and it’s as beautiful as it is delectable.
- Boneless Braised Short Ribs with Black Peppercorn Sauce and Mashed Potatoes with Lobster Cream Sauce
- Interactive Mongolian Station where guests were delighted to select their favorite items for the Chef’s to prepare while you wait.
The dessert buffet was abundant and oh so sweet. As you can see the guests loved our Famous Bread Pudding. But then we’ve never met anyone who doesn’t! The desserts also included:
A Chocolate Fountain provided by Orange County Chocolate Fountains with all the toppings was provide to the guests delight. If chocolate was not enough guests enjoyed Summit’s Signature Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce, Fresh Almond Whipped Frosting, Toasted Almonds and Strawberries, and assorted brownies, cupcakes and cookies.
There’s nothing better than seeing our clients and their guests happy. It’s why we love doing what we do. This was the perfect way to end the 2015 holiday season. We can’t wait to see what amazing and creative events lay ahead for us and you in 2016.